Expertise You Need + Experience You Want
With 30+ years of experience, Ms. Rhonda Harper MBA has:
- had full, direct large corporation accountability for revenue and profit
- led Fortune 100 marketing, corporate strategy, and research departments with annual budgets exceeding $200 million
- managed direct-report staff teams comprised of more than 120 professionals
- been responsible for all advertising, promotion, public relations, and research agencies for Fortune 100 corporations
- a decade of experience leading a management consulting and research firm supporting Fortune 500 C-Suite decisions
- taught MBA and undergraduate business, marketing, and research courses as an Adjunct Professor
- been retained by 100+ law firms for consulting and survey work
That's a lot of experience. That's a lot of expertise. Put her to work for you.
CV / Resume
FORTUNE 500 EXECUTIVE
A former top 120 global employee Walmart Officer and CMO/VP of Marketing for Sam's Club ($40 billion), Ms. Harper previously served as an Officer and CMO/VP of Marketing for VF Corp / Vanity Fair Intimates ($1.5 billion). In both positions she led global responsibility for all corporate strategy, marketing, branding, research/insights, in-store merchandising, creative services, innovation, trade marketing, shopper marketing, and communications.
Ms. Harper is also the former Global Director of Marketing Communications for UPS ($70 billion), GM/SVP, Ketchum Communications (3rd largest public relations firm in the world) where she led the Dallas and Atlanta offices.
Her career began with roles in brand management, marketing, and promotion executive with Nabisco Biscuit ($4 billion - Oreo, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Triscuit, etc.) and Warner-Lambert ($1.5 billion - Listerine, Lubriderm, Zantac, Benadryl, etc.).
Management and Marketing Consultant
Ms. Harper founded and led RTM&J, an organic growth strategy boutique consultancy with 4-15 employees from 2002-2011. Select projects include:
- Global Web Strategy, IBM
- Private Brand Strategy, The Home Depot
- Brand Repositioning, HSN
- Retail Strategy, The Coca-Cola Company
- Innovation (New Products)Pipeline, Tyson Foods
- Cereal Platform, Kellogg's
- Multicultural Roadmap, Target
- Brand Positioning, Russell
- New Product Commercialization, SC Johnson
- Segmentation & Communication Strategies, Arby's
- Hispanic Marketing, Papa Johns
- User Experience, Washington Mutual
Successful Serial Entrepreneur
Ms. Harper founded, owned, and led Penrose Check-In Services, the original senior care auditing company. Penrose provided tech-enabled Apps to assess seniors and their well-being including the proprietary CareCheck comprised of 150 items across 7 Quality of Life Factors (well being, safety, comfort, cleanliness, maintenance, supplies, caregiver observations), improving the lives of seniors and their families. Ms. Harper and Penrose received many industry accolades, including:
- Winner - North American Finalist, Cartier Women's Initiative (a global business case competition co-sponsored by McKinsey & Co.) 2017
- Winner, AARP Innovation@50+ 2016 Best Start-up for Seniors (national award)
- Winner, 2016 Dallas 100 Entrepreneur Award
- Winner, American Geriatrics Society Top 15 Start -Up Firms 2016 (national award)
Ms. Harper founded the first and only tech-based nationwide neighbor-to-neighbor rental item community, Whimiy.com. Leveraging the sharing economy and minimalism, Whimiy helped people earn cash, spend less, and reduce waste by renting household items. From baby and lawn-care to trucks and party items, Whimiy had it all. Free to register, member-determined terms and pricing, Whimiy collected 20% when items rented. Whimiy - What Is Mine Is Yours
Finally, Ms. Harper co-founded Leadership Worth Following, a premier leadership identification and coaching firm in Dallas, TX, and served on its Board of Directors for eight years.
Adjunct MBA Professor and Author
With a BS in Education / Math Resource from Illinois State University and an MBA from Emory University, Ms. Harper has taught high school math as well as undergraduate and MBA marketing and research at American University, Washington DC and Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison NJ. She has been a frequent and regular guest lecturer at the College of William and Mary as well as Emory University. For nearly 10 years, Ms. Harper was a MBA Case Competition judge for Emory Goizueta Business School's annual program.
Ms. Harper has authored two books, Seeking Joy: The Real Truth About Work/Life Balance and GenY Millennial Marketing.