Expertise You Need + Experience You Want
CV / Resume
FORTUNE 500 EXECUTIVE
A former Walmart Officer and CMO/VP of Marketing for Sam's Club ($40 billion), Rhonda Harper previously served as an Officer and CMO/VP of Marketing for VF Corp / Vanity Fair Intimates ($1.5 billion - at the time the world's largest apparel manufacturer). In both positions she led strategic planning, marketing, branding, research/insights, in-store merchandising, creative services, innovation, trade marketing, shopper marketing, and communications.
Rhonda Harper is also the former Global Director of Marketing Communications for UPS ($70 billion), GM/SVP, Ketchum Communications (3rd largest public relations firm in the world) where she led the Dallas and Atlanta offices. Her career began with roles in brand management, marketing, and promotion executive with Nabisco Biscuit ($4 billion - Oreo, Ritz, Chips Ahoy!, Triscuit, etc.) and Warner-Lambert ($1.5 billion - Listerine, Lubriderm, Zantac, Benadryl, etc.).
Management and Marketing Consultant
Rhonda Harper founded and led RTM&J, an organic growth strategy boutique consultancy. Select projects include:
- Global Web Strategy, IBM
- Private Brand Strategy, The Home Depot
- Brand Repositioning, HSN
- Retail Strategy, The Coca-Cola Company
- Innovation Pipeline, Tyson Foods
- Cereal Platform, Kellogg's
- Multicultural Roadmap, Target
- Brand Positioning, Russell
- New Product Commercialization, SC Johnson
- Segmentation Strategy, Arby's
- Communication Strategy, Arby's
- Hispanic Marketing, Papa Johns
- User Experience, Washington Mutual
Successful Serial Entrepreneur
Rhonda Harper founded and led Penrose Check-In Services, the original senior care auditing company. Penrose provided tech-enabled Apps to assess seniors and their well-being including the proprietary CareCheck comprised of 150 items across 7 Quality of Life Factors (well being, safety, comfort, cleanliness, maintenance, supplies, caregiver observations) -- improving the lives of seniors and their families.
- Winner - North American Finalist, Cartier Women's Initiative (a global business case competition co-sponsored by McKinsey & Co.) 2017
- Winner, AARP Innovation@50+ 2016 Best Start-up for Seniors (national award)
- Winner, 2016 Dallas 100 Entrepreneur Award
- Winner, American Geriatrics Society Top 15 Start -Up Firms 2016 (national award)
Rhonda Harper also launched the first and only nationwide neighbor-to-neighbor rental item community, Whimiy.com. Leveraging the sharing economy and minimalism, Whimiy helped people earn cash, spend less, and reduce waste by renting household items. From baby and lawn-care to trucks and party items, Whimiy had it all. Free to register, member-determined terms and pricing, Whimiy collected 20% when items rented. Whimiy - What Is Mine Is Yours
Finally, Harper co-founded Leadership Worth Following, a premier leadership identification and coaching firm in Dallas, TX, and served on its Board of Directors for eight years.
Adjunct MBA Professor and Author
With a BS in Education / Math Resource from Illinois State University and and MBA from Emory University, Rhonda Harper has taught high school math as well as undergraduate and MBA marketing and research at American University, Washington DC and Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison NJ. She has been a frequent and regular guest lecturer at the College of William and Mary as well as Emory University.
Rhonda Harper has authored two books, Seeking Joy: The Real Truth About Work/Life Balance and GenY Millennial Marketing.